Cellulite is a condition that affects many men and women alike. Read more about our key tips to tackle cellulite by using Sodashi's all natural, cruelty-free products.
1. What essential oils and/or ingredients are great for reinvigorating a winter-weary body?
Invigorating essential oils Cypress and Lemongrass are perfect for a winter-weary body. These beautiful ingredients are in our Enlivening Body Lotion, blended together with nourishing moisture rich Hazelnut and Macadamia Oils. Cypress stimulates circulation and decongests the lymphatic system whilst Lemongrass tones skin and refines large pores, as well as having an overall uplifting effect on mood, mind and emotions.
Sweet Orange and Clary Sage are also powerful invigorators and are key ingredients in Sodashi’s Body Balance Salt Therapy Exfoliant, blended together with mineral-rich Pink Himalayan Salts that have a powerful energising effect. These aromatic Salts are fabulous to add to a bath or use in the shower to exfoliate and boost circulation, and uplift the mood.
2. How can we tackle cellulite?
Cellulite is fat deposits just below the skin and the result of accumulated toxins in the body. So to reduce cellulite, you need to eliminate toxins from the body – you can do this is the following ways:
- Drink plenty of water. Being hydrated helps your body work at it’s optimum, helping to flush toxins from your system. Herbal teas are also great.
- Eat a clean, mostly alkaline, unprocessed diet.
- Swap your salt. Get rid of your refined salt that is very acidic and dehydrating and replace with sea salt or Himalaya crystal salt, these naturally formed salts are alkaline and help to draw toxins from the body and are also packed full of beneficial minerals.
- Skin brushing and massage. Stimulating your lymphatic system with a dry bristle brush or massage moves toxins around and into elimination channels for release, and you can specifically target areas of cellulite, like the thighs.
- Exercise. As well as toning the body and giving you an endorphin rush, when you move and sweat you are expelling toxins through your skin.
3. Are there any ingredients that are great for combatting cellulite?
- Fucus (Seaweed) and Kelp Extract, both are rich in anti-oxidants and iodine, and assist in the detoxification process, having a stimulating effect on the metabolism.
- Lemongrass has firming and toning properties, and stimulates circulation to flush toxins out of the body.
- Rosemary is a cell regenerator for the skin, and is stimulating for both blood and lymphatic circulation.
Sodashi’s Contouring Body Gel combines all of these ingredients in a luxurious treatment that helps target cellulite and fluid retention. Mineral-rich Seaweed and Kelp boost circulation and toxin release, whilst Lemongrass and Rosemary firm and tighten the skin. It hydrates and gently detoxifies areas such as the abdomen, back, legs and upper arms. The combination of botanicals with marine extracts helps to visibly reduce the appearance of cellulite, leaving skin toned and lustrous.
4. What about aches and pains. What are your remedies for this?
I use internal supplements of Fish Oil and Colloidal Minerals for aches and pains, and I always have some Magnesium Spray on hand as it’s very effective and absorbs quickly. Also try to limit tea and coffee and avoid the nightshade foods as these cause inflammation in the body - potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, capsicum and chilli, these can often cause aches and pains.
5. And body scrubs. What are the benefits and how often should we do it?
Choose a body scrub that is a blend of stimulating essential oils and Himalayan Salts as both are beneficial to stimulate the circulation, prevent toxin accumulation and remove dead skin cells which keeps the skin soft and firm. Through winter, aim to use a scrub one to two times a week.
6. What are your favorite take home body products?
For extra hydration, I’ll sometimes apply body oil to slightly damp skin following a bath or shower, and then apply a layer of body lotion too. My favourite is Serenity Body Oil with extracts of mandarin, cardamom and frankincense, which is particularly soothing before sleep.
Shop the ritual
7. What are some signature Sodashi body treatments and what are they good for?
SODASHI DETOXIFYING MARINE BODY WRAP
Combining the richness of sea plants, algae, marine minerals and plant essences, this treatment is deeply detoxifying at all levels. Lay back and enjoy an exfoliation with Sodashi's Organic Green Tea and Dead Sea Salts that will leave your skin soft and enlivened. A warm Sodashi Marine Body Mask is then applied before you are cocooned in a comforting wrap. Rest and restore as you enjoy a soothing scalp massage for complete comfort and total relaxation. To finish, a luscious lotion leaves the whole body rejuvenated.
SODASHI OUD RENEWAL THERAPY
This impossibly deluxe 90-minute treatment works on both face and body to provide a complete head-to-toe experience, delivering incredible results in terms of released muscular tension, improved digestion, detoxification and skin radiance. The benefits of this holistic treatment however extend far beyond the physical. It has a profound ability to release stored emotions and alleviate negativity to improve emotional, energetic and spiritual wellbeing.